Pages

7/10/2012

Step 1. To your Faith add Goodness (Part 1)

I wanted to do a series on 2 Peter 2:5-10 but was unable to because of illness.
I'm happy to report I'm feeling much better and baby is doing fine.

If you remember my last post on these verses, I mentioned seven steps although there were 8.
Step 1 is to your faith add goodness, but for this you would have to have faith to start with.
Is the fact that I believe in Jesus as my one and only Saviour and the Son of God, and pray to Him count as having faith?
Is faith far greater than that? Is this a good starting point?

Hebrews 10
38 And,
“But my righteous one will live by faith.
    And I take no pleasure
    in the one who shrinks back.”

Live by faith...
I've confessed in the past that I think I'm lacking in faith.
I am always expecting the worst.
Seriously! If I go to the doctor and have to take him a medical test result, I'm certain it is positive. Sometimes even after he has told me it's not!
I've been ordering my mind to ignore these thoughts when it comes to the baby. It has proven quite effective. I guess this is why in the things God commands us to do He includes controlling our thoughts, and not doing so is a sin.
You can control your thoughts if you chose the right thought. Interesting.
By experience, I've learned that the right thought comes out of the Word.
"Nobody loves you and you are all alone," my teenage brain would tell me. "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.," my Bible and sweet Jesus said! And I replaced this thoughts for His words.
My favorite teacher Mr Greene once told me that every sin can be pinpointed to a lie we believed.
His example of this was especially directed at me: "Why do we worry? Because eventhough God has told us He takes care of us, we don't truly believe it."

A couple of weeks ago we were visiting our dear friends Johnny and Meli, and we had a very interesting discussion about married life and marriage relationships.
It was refreshing to have friends you could talk openly and honestly about married life and really not try to hide or pretend it's always perfect, we never fight, and we never have problems or disagreements.
Johnny was talking about the woman's submission to her husband. Mel and I were saying it's sometimes hard because we are seeing that our husbands are gonna make a wrong decision.
So Johnny asked me: "Then is your obedience to submit to your husband in the fact that your husband makes good decisions or the fact that God commands you to submit and, if you do so, He is in control?"
Do I trust God when He commands me to trust my husband's leadership or I'm a believing the lie that I have to "try to control things" or else it won't go right?

Is it faith versus lies?
I think it is. Is faith believing God's words are truth and thus completely following and trusting them? I believe so.

I'm still afraid of my fears coming true, tha come December there is a chance I might not be holding my baby.
I've been reading a blog from an Australian nomadic family that was stricken with tragedy and the loss of their youngest in a disconcerting way.
She hasn't stopped blogging through the whole situation and is capable of speaking of love, hope, and compassion.
Her oldest asked her is everything that happens is good. Even in all she is enduring, she firmly states a "yes"; everything is in God hands, hence everything is good.

I'm gonna walk in faith. And in that faith, I'm gonna start planning and working on a nursery. 
Mark 9
21 Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?”
“From childhood,” he answered. 22 “It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!”

“I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” Tis my prayer.

So, to sum it all up, the step for today is a two step:
1. Replace your thoughts for God's Word. For this you need to be on the Word.
2. Pinpoint the lies you believe that leads you to disobedience and mistrust. More time in the Word would also be effective. :)
I know I haven't actually gone to the add goodness part, but I just refuse to mess with the 7 steps :P

Not Monday, but grattitude is good any day.
*471 my first diapers sent from Panama by eager Grandma Linda
*472 Still not being able to move to our new house.
*473 In-laws receiving us in their home will we wait for the house
*474 my sister learning through the hardships of the work place
*475 my sister learning she is not alone in those sufferings
*476 my pups behaving while we are away from home
*477 my health improving enough to enjoy time with my husband more
*478 the awesome relationship the hubs and I have been experiencing the past weeks. I can't go by three hours without calling him to find out how he is and viceversa.
*479 the hope the house will be done this week
*480 planning a whole homestead
*481 dreaming of a garden with tomatoes and berries and more
*482 planning a nursery and beginning small projects
*483 Grandpa Edgardo is making the crib!
*484 Adina's visit bearing daisies for her sick "mommy."
*485 My darling daughter Adina surviving her first ironman placing in 7th eventhough she was hit by a car in the bike trail! :O Is she amazing or what?
*486 a lunch with darling daughters Denise and Sarai to celebrate Sarai's birthday
*487 the hub's test week.
*488 classmates willing to help the hubs study. I love them so dearly
*489 Precious Uncle Paolo bearing gifts! A whole box of toys for sweet baby.
*490 a darling Father I can pray to anytime all the time.
*491 pizza making with Izell and Jenny while the guys watched the EuroCup final
*492 Sweet puppy time whilst visiting Johnny and Meli. I'm sorry, but I'll be visiting more! There are few things that fill my heart with so much joy like lying in the ground with puppies biting my hair, nose, ears, and face.

P.S. readers, stick around to see my DIY projects for the nursery, my attempt at home making, and the future series on pregnancy and baby's sex!!

No comments:

Post a Comment