Pages

7/01/2016

Community... in Honduras?

Really? Is it possible?
Living in the second most dangerous country in the world with two cities in the top ten for most violent cities in the world?
Please! That is something for first world countries where neighbors still get together without fear, where you have farmer markets, community fairs, and children in the same schools of the district, where people have good homes and good incomes, and do fund raisers and help each other. 
That is not something that happens in Honduras. 
Or does it?

I am overwhelmed. Overwhelmed!
How is it possible?
There is community in Honduras?!
Amongst mothers who have never met each other or crossed paths?
Who have never heard of me or know me?
Why are they rallying up to help and support me?
And in Honduras? 
It still leaves me dumbfounded. 

Meet Nory and #teamLinda SPS (SPS stand for San Pedro Sula).
San Pedro Sula is number 2 in the top ten list of most violent cities in the world. It is only second to Venezuela's Caracas. Number 2! 
How then are these mommies getting together to raise funds for a mom in a complete different city with the dangers of meeting out of their homes, with the hardship of leaving their kids with someone else or bring them along to the meetings. with their time constraints as working mothers, pregnant ladies, and/or with infants and toddlers?


Impressive moms in various TV stations.
 I don't know how they do it!




They worked hard and long.
 They made a bond and friendships that will last forever.

How beautiful is this picture of these moms praying?
 Most of them didn't know each other either before they became #teamlinda.

Busy moms making time to meet on weekends.

Celebrating in between meetings with all those kids!

They could have filled a stadium!

They thought of everything, even making this a family event.

The cool tshirts with #teamlinda's theme verse:
 Nothing is impossible for God.

All the gifts for the bingo were donations!
My new friend Mary sending her support all the way from Guatemala.
We are sending prayers for that precious in her belly.

#Teamlinda SPS left me baffled seeing how I knew none of them. NONE of them!
#Teamlind Tegus left me even more baffled.
Many of #teamlinda Tegus were also moms I had never met, but most were moms I did. What was baffling of that is that most were moms I have never had a deep relationship with.
I thought that, being Tegus my home town, the moms in the team would be my closest friends.
The friends I thought would say "present" were really not there, especially my single, non-mom friends (who you'd think have more time).
The people I thought would be there were completely absent, whereas the people I would have never thought would rally up for me where there and very present.
That has humbled me so much, you have no idea.
God has really showed me a lot through this experience.
I had left pride and prejudice (no pun intended) dominate me and my relationships and my views of others. God was so amazing to use this time to shatter that in my heart and mind and show me He is capable of using the least expected, even to be His hands and feet in my life.
I am crying as I type this.
I am so grateful when God goes ahead and just smashes my pride.
I am so grateful for the women that said "present" even when I have never been a good friend to them. I am so grateful they all did it selflessly as for the Lord, diligently for my sake.
I am so sorry I've been such a bad acquaintance (I wouldn't dare saying I've been their friend).
I hope I can make that right. I hope I can offer these women my friendship, even though I proved to be such a bad one.
I don't resent my friends who were not present. Sometimes you don't know how. And I don't know if I would say "present" for all of them. I am just eternally grateful many did for me and I am humbled deeply by that.

They got me on the newspapers too.

And looked good on TV too


My girls got to go to their first bingo.
It was the first for most of us. XD

How pretty were these?



Most gorgeous servers ever!

Check out my father and mother in law with their #teamlinda shirts.
Awesome friends and the world's best husband.
BTW, he is not wearing the designated shirt because I liked the
way he looked that night too much and asked him not to change.

I almost cried when I entered this overfilled food court. 

Emmalee got to help with the riffles. 

I got to share my story and the most important part of that story: His story.
 He filled that food court for His glory.
It had been a long time since I had the honor
 of worshipping Him before an audience. 
Thank you #teamlinda. Thank you for making #teamlinda and for putting up events I would have never been able to. I don't even start to comprehend how you did it, even less why you did it. All I can say is thank you for the love, the effort, the peace you granted me in the finatial aspects and the prayer aspects. Thank you to everyone who donated, attended, spread the word, bought tickets and shirts and caps, took your family to the events, posted photos, prayed long and hard for me, sent me messages and much love. I felt ridiculous entering that food court with all eyes on me. I felt like a celebrity, and that is just hilarious. Even my husband has been recognized a few times. A mom approached me in Pricesmart and said: "Hi Linda. We are friends... well not friends friends... from Mommy Daily." And I just went ahead and hugged her and started small talk with her and her husband. Mommies, that is so true. We are friends. YOU are my friends. You are my prayer warriors. A mom in one of the TV interviews when asked why she did all this for someone she didn't know replied "We are moms and that unites us all." Maybe that was the reason some of my friends were absent, and the ones I least expected said present. We are moms, thus we are sisters!

Thank you for living these verses:
“For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Matthew 18:20

Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.
1 Peter 3:8

And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Colossians 3:14

Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
Romans 12:16

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:11

How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!
Psalm 133:1

God was so amazing with me He brought Nory, #teamlinda SPS's head coordinator, into my life, 
We were so blessed by her visit with her beautiful daughters that my daughters are still mourning their departure back to SPS. Here is a beautiful picture of what the Lord united:
Nory with my best friends, my two moms,
and her two beautiful daughters, and me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment