Pages

12/01/2011

Saint Google

Yes, that is how we call him (it) here at work, Saint google. As a computer programer almost weekly having to work with new technologies, techniques, languages, codes, etc.. saint google is our rescuer. And I fall to think saint google knows it all. I hadn't realize how much I trust saint google and how much I go to him.

I am grateful many people saw my previous post because they like my singing (though I bet no one liked my video, boy I look bad and my mouth moves so weird, lol. I seriously had second thoughts on posting that :P), but the lyrics was what was important. I recorded that at 2 am this morning, woke up with a whole in my heart and teary-eyed, clutching my husband's arm. He immediately held me and began to pray. I felt my heart calm down and my hope return as I heard him and saw him instictively run to God first. And there I was singing of trust in God "no matter what the day or night may bring" but here I was some hours ago running to saint google instead.

Skimming on pages I don't understand, fearing things that are not what we might hear, my mind racing to think the worst, my heart racing to loose hope, and my spirit racing towards despair, saint google had not been my rescuer today.

Being called on the error of turning to saint google, I went to Scripture (when will you, foolish girl, learn...)

Psalms 118

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; 

   his love endures forever.



 5 When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; 

   he brought me into a spacious place. 

6 The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. 
   What can mere mortals do to me? 
7 The LORD is with me; he is my helper. 
   I look in triumph on my enemies.


 8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD 

   than to trust in humans. 



13 I was pushed back and about to fall, 
   but the LORD helped me. 

14 The LORD is my strength and my defense[a]; 

   he has become my salvation.

 15 Shouts of joy and victory 
   resound in the tents of the righteous: 
“The LORD’s right hand has done mighty things! 
 16 The LORD’s right hand is lifted high; 
   the LORD’s right hand has done mighty things!” 

17 I will not die but live, 

   and will proclaim what the LORD has done. 

18 The LORD has chastened me severely, 

   but he has not given me over to death. 

19 Open for me the gates of the righteous; 

   I will enter and give thanks to the LORD. 

20 This is the gate of the LORD 

   through which the righteous may enter. 

21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me; 

   you have become my salvation.


Dear Lord,
I only ask one thing to You this day: teach me. Teach me, teach me, teach me! Teach me that I may see the great things the Lord is doing here. Teach me that I might trust in You above all. Teach me to seek You and not loose sight of Your greatness. Teach me of your goodness. Teach me of Your Word. Teach me faith, love, and compassion. Teach me understanding and support with wisdom. Teach us. Ok, I ask two things: guard us and protect. You are the true Rescuer, You know it all, You I shall seek.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment