Pages

4/12/2012

For He has been mindful of His servant!

I Samuel 1


 10 In her deep anguish Hannah prayed to the LORD, weeping bitterly. 11 And she made a vow, saying, “LORD Almighty, if you will only look on your servant’s misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life, and no razor will ever be used on his head.”

17 Eli answered, “Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him.”




Yes, I can understand how she feels. 
My heart sinks low in my stomach when I see a baby.
I have prayed to the Lord for a child. 
Like Hannah, I long for children to give to the Lord.
I desire for Him to title my husband "father" through me. 
I've had friends and family join me in this prayer. 
I was not yet in the weeping state, just in the fiercely longing and praying.
I allowed fears cloud my mind and forget the God that I trust. 
Certainly, no the God Mary was singing to:

Luke 1

“My soul glorifies the Lord 

 47 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 

48 for he has been mindful 

   of the humble state of his servant. 

From now on all generations will call me blessed, 

 49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me— 

   holy is his name. 
50 His mercy extends to those who fear him, 
   from generation to generation.

Nothing will ever compare to the blessing the Lord gave Mary,
but I can think of one really, really close. 
It is not official yet. 
I will try to go see a doctor tomorrow. 
I'd go today if I could. 
Some minutes ago, my pregnancy test was POSITIVE!!!!


AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
I don't know what to think!
I don't know how to feel.
I'm shaking as I write this down.
I'm tearful.
My cheeks hurt from so much smiling. 
If everything goes right and this is true, there is a child growing in me. 
My child is growing in me!

Oh Lord, Oh Lord!
Thank You!
The Lord has heard my cry and answered my plead.
He has showed me His inmense mercy upon me once more.
I can't fathom His goodness and love. 
I'm humbled and grateful.
My God is an awesome God.

Aunts and Uncles out there (You know who you are that I'm talking about!) be prepared!
The Zelaya-Ulloa hurricane is coming to town!!!!!!!


"Like my mother...  To be like my mother." That was the prayer!
Mommy, God heard us! 
:')

No comments:

Post a Comment