Pages

7/21/2011

true beauty of a woman's heart part 1

Hello!!!

So, I just came back from a woman's conference in my church were we had as our guest Cedar Creek's Barb Roose. The conference is entitled "The true beauty of a woman's heart." I know many couldn't assist because it was pricy, but I'll gladly post the conferences for whoever might want to read!

I'll write the notes I took from the conference. (If the note is my thoughts or appreciation of the speech, I'll post in blue)

Women was God's final touch on creation! (What an awesome thought!)
When God created Eve, He created her with specific design and purpose. He created them to reflet a part of His image that no other creation quite could. He created women to reflect beauty.

If we were created to reflect beauty, why is it then that we struggle so much with this subject? Why do we not like what we see in the mirror and are constantly beeing bombarded by the thought that you should change what you see.

Here, she spoke alot on the subject of how we feel about our bodies and looks. I made a mental note on the fact that so many times I feel ugly, fat, puffy-eyed, red nose, messy hair... etc! And I'm always voicing this discontents with my looks to my husband, who always responds with a "I don't know what you are talking about, you are gorgeous." I had never realized how much I think of the subject of beauty and how much I think I am not beautiful. More importantly, I realized how I had never thought to bring those thought to the obedience of Christ.

Barb continued explaining the two types of beautys: 1) beauty from virtue: inner beauty, can't be bought or put on. 2) Beauty from adorment. outer, can be bought of paid for, put on... etc.
Beauty is God's creation; not ours. (loved that thought!) Beauty is God. When God lives in us, His beauty shines through.
1 Peter 3:3-5
3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves. They submitted themselves to their own husbands.

Worldly beauty is the seek to outshine others.
In the verse above, Peter is not telling women to not adorn themselves at all. He is exposing the two kinds of beauty and encouraging and challenging women to seek the inner one more fervently. And we come accross two words: gentle and quiet. Here Barb spoke how she is not quiet for she is loud and outgoing. She tells us how she once thought she should no longer speak. That experiment lasted a day.(I told her after the conference that had been me too once :D)

Gentle:
  • Friendly
  • hospitable
  • approachable
  • not rude
  • not bad tempered
  • quick to help
  • treats everyone with kindness
  • careful with her words
  • speaks encouragement
And she asked: "How are you doing with gentleness?" (I flunked! Yikes)

Quiet:
  • respectful in her heart and on the outside to others
  • not recentful
  • trying and searching to keep the peace
  • submissive (I loved her definition of this one. Submissive: actual worshipping to Gob by willingly obeying those He placed in authority over us)
"How are you doing with quiet?" (flunked again =S)

Barb then went to tell us the story of her dear friend Sue. Sue struggled with cancer for 17 years before she went with the Lord. During those years, Sue showed a spirit quiet and gentle. She always served at church, always had a strong smile, she would make others feel better when they felt sorry for her! And Bard asked her: "How do you develop a quiet and gentel spirit when in such pain?"
Phil 2:5-8
5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Sue's answer to the question:  Imitate Christ!!!! (WOW!)
She follows Jesus' example!
I WANT TO HAVE A GENTLE AND QUIET SPIRIT!!!!

We have to realize something: God knew we would want to decorate our outside. He left beautfil Proverbs 30:31 for us!
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
This fleeting beauty here is the external beauty. You see, women think that if they are beautiful in the outside, they will be admired, followed, and praised!!! So, How much time do you spend in your outer beauty, compared to the time spent in your inner?
Worldly beauty leads to highlight. When we highlight something, we want to draw attention to it. God wants people to be attracted to you not because you have highlighted your body, but because you have highlighted your heart.

Conclusion:
Boy, do I have much learning to do! Lets get working on that beauty!!! Grow into that gentle and quiet spirit!!

Dear Father,
Thank You for the wonderful fellowship you gave this week and for the honor of allowing me to serve You, when I am so unworthy. I was feeling really admonished by how much I am missing in inner beauty and how I haven't worked harder at it sooner. I was glad the song we sang after the conference said "There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ" and realizing it is true! Thank You for exposing us to examining our hearts and its obedience and honor to You. Give and make in me a heart and spirit that is gentle and quiet!

I love you, merciful Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment