Pages

1/06/2012

I Dream, Because God Has a Plan For Me

Post by my dear daughter Adina!

"Then Job replied to the LORD: 'I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.' ...My ears had heard of you but now my eyes have seen you."

Job 42:1-2, 5 (NIV 1984)

Stick with me... With what the Lord put in my heart for the past couple of weeks.
I'll be honest... Sometimes, I don't fully trust God has prepared good things for me, for my family, for my friends, for others... Because I am human.

This past year was riddled with home issues, loss of others, empty gas tanks and hard work/studies for those I Iove. Family and friends alike have endured relationship troubles, health complications, the passing of loved ones, unemployment, cars breaking down, churches falling apart and the list goes on...
Pain of troubles and pain of loss... But circumstances can change in a moment... And the truth of the matter is: God never changes.
His power to give a future and hope never change. His Word never changes.

So when life gives us stories of doubt and hopelessness in God's authority over circumstances, I reread accounts of His faithfulness and redemption. I refer back to the Truth:

*All the while Job's family, home, crops and health demolished... God was preparing to give him double of what was killed, stolen, lost and damaged.
*When Ruth was a homeless, barren widow... God was creating a home in Boaz's heart for her to be a wife, and mother, and great, great, great-grandmother to His Son, Jesus!
*Every time Saul crucified Christians... God saw Paul preaching the crucified Christ.


*When Esther was an orphaned girl shaking in fear for her life... God made a way for His daughter to shake a kingdom and save His people.

*When Peter lost faith and denied Christ... God saw him bringing many to faith as he proclaimed Christ.

*As Moses killed an Egyptian with his hands... God saw him chiseling the Ten Commandments with those same hands.

*At the time Mary saw Jesus die...God saw Jesus resurrected and seated on His heavenly throne!

No matter what the circumstances were, God turned each into a hopeful future.

Despite what is happening in life, these stories of redemption and hope speak the truth.
I dream because God has a plan for me.

As we begin this New Year... We dream.

We dream because He can do everything for us!!!

Dear Lord, I'm so grateful You not only see my future, but You've planned something big for these girls Thank You for Your faithfulness last year, and for recording the stories of our lives You change all

the time. You turned pasts into hopeful futures. We love you so much!

I am I truly lowly; the worst sinner... And You know our hearts... Please make these amazing friends in my life the highest of your servants.

I ask that You do the same for their circumstances this New Year. :) In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment