Pages

2/13/2012

Learning Perspective


There I was in the bathroom stall trying to put my tears back in and hoping my eyes aren't red so I may reach my desk without them noticing I was in there crying. As I sat there trying to control myself I began to pray. I asked myself "What are all these troubles you cry for? Lack of money? Overworked, underpaid, and undervalued? Sick?" "God, please change my situation; I can't do this anymore," I prayed. "Please" as another tear fell.

And then I come to read the blogs I follow and I read this post:
http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2012/01/over-here-again.html

And then of course, the Word is not far behind:

Jeremiah 13
7 Although our sins testify against us,
   do something, LORD, for the sake of your name.
For we have often rebelled;
   we have sinned against you.

Are you sure to come with this humility before Your God? Or are you crying from outrage that you are not getting what you "deserve"? Are you remembering Your condition before Your God or noticing your toils under the sun with no reward? Are you demanding what is not yours and forgetting all you've been given?

It's 2012 and mi comedor de amor is still a no go. What are you waiting for? Easier times? Healthier seasons? Money and time to spare? You don't have these but you don't need them. And all this crying putting gratitude in the back is just your selfishness finally showing it's colors: you want a life that's your own! You haven't learned, oh heart of mine, what it is to die. All this time seeing face to face your pride, you still lose the battle.

How easily you forget to put your eyes to the Cross! What are your problems compared to the Cross!
James 1
6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

Don't let me forget!
And use this sinner, for Your name's sake.
Amen!

*367 learning to live with little, and even while having little, finding how to share it
*368 Adina's messages in my cell! Oh, thank You, thank You, thank You for her life!
*369 blogs that inspire me, fill me with passion, and teach me perpective
*370 some leisure time this weekend. Much appreciated
*371 skype on my mom's computer!
*372 "Dreaming all the time is not foolish. Your flood of life giving words will refresh!" :P
*373 watching how loving and caring my hubby is with the pups and the sight making me feel more in love with him.
*374 a grueling job to teach me to rejoice in many trials. Learn that in comparison, I have it pretty good and if I forget I must turn my gaze to the Cross
*375 feeling moved to move
*376 frijoles that are tasty for breakfast and dinner till I get paid :P (and thank You for making Honduran mantequilla (sour cream) the best in the world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment