Pages

2/11/2013

100th Post!

This is my hundredth post.
I've opened up my heart here for the hundredth time.
It's curious what this hundred post encapsule.
From a girl recently married to a mother.
They contain my lessons in dealing with the work place with gratitude and grace.
They show the faithfulness of God in His care for us when all seems dim.
They prove my fears a tale and my God's grace a reality.
In it you can learn of my heart, my family, and my God.

I was reading previous post last friday because I was adding labels to each post. It was funny how I wanted to write something but felt no inspiration and how much my own posts inspired me at the end of the day. I've experienced this before when I go back and read my journals. I am surprised with what is written as though someone else wrote it. I've always felt that someone else indeed wrote them. I only like to write when I feel the Spirit in me moves to, I am sure He is the inspiration, and I know He is the one that talks truth and light.

I can see how much I've change in this past two years recorded here.
I like the changes. I like how I've become closer to God more each year.
I like how now I can say with conviction that God will not forsake you.
I like how now I consider it pure joy when faced with many trials.
I like how I am humbled by my husband's love for me as I am humbled by God's love for me.

Ecclesiastes 7

8 The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
and patience is better than pride.
9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit,
for anger resides in the lap of fools.


10 Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
For it is not wise to ask such questions.
11 Wisdom, like an inheritance, is a good thing
and benefits those who see the sun.
12 Wisdom is a shelter
as money is a shelter,
but the advantage of knowledge is this:
Wisdom preserves those who have it.
13 Consider what God has done:
Who can straighten
what he has made crooked?
14 When times are good, be happy;
but when times are bad, consider this:
God has made the one
as well as the other.
Therefore, no one can discover
anything about their future.


I could write a post of each of these verses. I especially like 13 and 14: No one can discover anything about their future. Another verse says "no one can know what God is doing." Verse 13 says "consider what God has done." When I read this hundred past posts I definitely didn't imagine God would have me where He has me now. I can understand more clearly why He does what He does when at the time it happened it might had seemed pointless or even cruel. He made the happy day as the sad day and in both He gave us His joy and peace, His love and faithfulness, and He never ever left us alone.

The fact that I have my own family still leaves me dumbfounded.
My growing family, my husband's love, my mom's example all are things worth recording; all things to show me God's amazing love for me.
One thing I don't want my blog to start missing are my thank you list so here they continue:

*532 My daughter. Thank You again for my beautiful, healthy daughter.
*533 My daughters first smile. That was one of the most amazing sights in the world.
*534 My loving, patient, kind, and caring husband always by my side.
*535 Mom was able to be with me during the birth of Emmalee.
*536 Emmalee was born a week before christmas
*537 All the wonderful gifts friends and family brought for Emmalee. She needs absolutely nothing material.
*538 Time with my brother who I hadn't seen all year. Hearing about his lovely girlfriend who got him into reading made me happy. I am grateful I was able to hear about his hurts and fears and tell him about mine in hopes of encouraging him. I am grateful he opened up his heart to us and that we were able to be there for him.
*539 My sister smiling. It makes me so happy when my sister is so happy she speaks faster than the speed of light. She's been a chatterbox almost everytime I see her lately.
*540 My amazing in-laws. Grateful for their heart willing to serve my family and care for Emmalee when we are unable to. Grateful she is dearly loved and cared for by family.
*541 Emmalee is learning to sleep all night!
*542 Getting to know my daughter's cries
*543 Breastfeeding. It is the most wonderful thing in the world. It is so beautiful and I feel so blessed to be a woman and be able to experience that and enjoy so much.
*544 No matter how long we haven't seen each other, I love Paolo and Tito wholeheartedly and I know they are my brothers and they are there when I need them.
*545 Running water. Boy, I don't know what would be of us without it, so I better be grateful for it now.
*546 The hottest December/January ever. It wasn't fun not to have the nice chilly weather, but Emmalee greatly benefited from the warmer weather on her early days.
*547 Visits from many, many friends!
*548 Visit even from my mom's Panama's pastor and wife! They were a delight!
*549 Times in the rocking chair. I love that rocking chair. It is so helpful when breastfeeding and comforting Emmalee. Plus I always feel inspire to sing to her while rocking her making it very enjoyable.
*550 Sleepless nights and a very tired momma. Yep, we are grateful for everything being a parent means, the good and the bad.
*551 Emmalee's mild temper. We are still not sure if she indeed has a mild temper; she is still very young and does make her fits on the house, but she is always so well behaved outside. It eases us when we have to go outside with her.
*552 Emmalee's two months of perfect health! :)
*553 Emmalee again! Grateful for her beautiful grey eyes (that everyone likes to rain on my parade telling me they'll change), her very hairy head, her tiny toes, her nails I'm able to trim now, her nose, the sounds she makes when she's happy or sleepy, and I could go on!
*554 Emmalee learned to stare back. Sometimes she just stays staring at me for long periods she even makes me feel nervous, but mostly I feel warm inside.
*555 10,000 tears of joy. If you see me crying alot this days, don't worry. I'm a crying mess of joy.

I love You, Lord. I love to read of what You do in me and how You continue to teach me. You are so good I could never stop worshiping You! May I never stop! Thank You for a 100 post walking with You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment