Pages

11/11/2011

Afflicted

I am afflicted.
My affliction is not my own, but it might as well be.
I feel there is nothing I can do, nothing I can say.
I feel impotent and at the same time helpless.
No way to console, no way to relieve,
the hurt in me becomes stronger.
This wretched impotence! Why?
Why can't I help. Why? I'd give anything, anything to make it better.
Why am I only left here in the dark crying my eyes out?
Isn't there anything left for me to do?
I seek Your Word, for is the only thing I'm left to do this darkest of nights.
Why didn't I come here before my tear-filled pillow?
And as always, Psalms can never go wrong to comfort.

Psalm 9:9 
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.

Psalm 22:24 
For he has not despised or disdainedthe suffering of the afflicted one;he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Psalm 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

Psalm 71:20-21
Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again.

Psalms 39:7
"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.

And so I hide behind Your shelter.
And get a head start on my "staying still."
And realize I may not be able to do anything,
but I am not alone in this.
And He is watchful
And He knows the pain, better than I do hers.
And yet He gives me a thing to do.

1 Peter 1:13

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Hebrews 10:36
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised


So there is still hope, nothing is yet lost.
Though it feels miles away and undeserving.
And I try to cling to hope
and trust my Refuge,
as I remember His promises.

Hosea 13:14 

"I will ransom them from the power of the grave [a] ; I will redeem them from death. Where, O death, are your plagues? Where, O grave, is your destruction?

Matthew 11:25-30

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Proverbs 23:18
There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

And leave it to Romans to leave clear instruccion,
for this obssessive doer to do,
for this impatient stirred heart that could only find her way
in her loving Lord.

Romans 12:12

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope

And then one day,
Your hope will come.
Till then, He loves you, He loves them.

Revelation 21:4 

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."


Dear reader, whoever you are,
please join me in prayer for those whose pain is so far gone, all you are left with is trust in God and prayer. Pray for those in sickness, pray for those in pain, mainly pray for those who have lost faith, those who see no hope. Pray that He might find them, pray that He might heal them. Pray is what you can do, pray hard with me today.


No comments:

Post a Comment