Pages

5/31/2011

Learning to remember that Love!

Galatians 4
 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.” 7 So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.

Dear Father,
I come today before You filled with gratitude. I wish this was my attitude every day at every hour. Gratitude for Your astonishing love for us.
Lately, every time I feel sad I listen to Jon Foreman's Cure for Pain. It never misses on turning my eyes to You and realizing the cure for pain is rejoicing in Your amazing love. The part that says : "Oh my God, to suffer like You did, it would be a lie to run away," always bring my mind to the foot of the Cross.
Ingratitude comes into our hearts when we put our sight in the bad things around us, our "sufferings." If we think about it, the bad things that happen in our lives comes from our sinful nature, our own disobedience, our conforming to this world, our seeking not the Kingdom of God but the fruit of this world, and our toiling under the sun in vain!
When I think that what You suffered was for me to receive adoption to sonship (daughtership!), it truly changes my mind set. Thank You, Father, for the beautiful lyrics You allow Jon Foreman to produce (lol, seriously, I am so grateful for this!)

But as I was saying, today I am before You with a heart of gratitude. My problems haven't disappeared, my illness still gives me restless sleep, my sinful nature still gets the best of me! But the Lord of the Universe makes me His daughter! In this letter to the Galatians, Paul is admonishing them for forgetting this and turning to their weak nature again. I saw a friend sharing the gospel in his facebook status and someone commented: "So you love your God because He loved you first? So you love Him because you feel obliged? I don't want to have to love someone just because He loved me without me asking Him to do so." I felt so sad someone could dismiss such love because he didn't want to be trapped. And Paul was admonishing brothers and sisters in Christ for doing this very same thing! And yes, with me not seeking a life that glorifies You, I was doing the same thing! And You know that! And still You died for me and still You make me Your daughter?!
I want to be captured by Your love, obliged into laying my life for You. And that would not be enough to thank You for Your love!

Thank You! Again Your love and Your Word continue to change me (And I have been the type to say: why read the Bible everyday, I already read it all many times!). Thank You, Father, for the life You gave me: for my husband, my family, my house, even my job (I struggle to be grateful for my job. I don't want to have to be without one to start being grateful for it)!

My darling puppies sleeping under the office chair because
 they were all watching me make dinner.


This sight, this simple sight that means nothing to most, makes my heart so grateful. I rejoice in the little gifts You give me that make me turn my eyes to You and come filled with gratitude.

I love You, today more than yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment